Craig and Carens Travel

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Last Couple Of Weeks

Sorry folks - I have been slack or perhaps been too busy. So I thought I would write a quick update.

Well since moving a couple of weekends ago we have done a couple of things.

1) In light that we missed Halloween (our tour of the Haunted Halloween Adventure Theme Park got cancelled due to lack of interest) - we decide to be tourists and go on a Ghost Tour of Toronto's very own castle - Casa Loma. !! We arrived when the weather was rather miserable and stormy just to set the scene. Very Rocky Horror Picture Show. The tour wasn't too spooky though - just some tales of supposed sightings and happenings - we were quite impressed. Like the person that built the castle made his money by investing in land and railways before most of Canada opened up to trade. He also pioneered electricity in Toronto by setting up the power plant in Niagara. Fairly impressive until he lost all his money during World War 1 and had to give up his castle and all of his belongings. The state of the castle was quite beautifully restored and I could easily see my self staying there (until the ghosts come out that is).

Last weekend we saw the Incredibles (animated movie) - which was quite Incredible. We also saw Team America on the Tuesday before that since having no TV, stove and couches wasn't too much fun so we had to leave the house. All pretty funny and crass if you can handle that.

This Monday just been, Craig's boss invited us out to his house to see the Northern Lights. He lives about 1 hour and a half East of Toronto near farm land so you can see the sky clearly. However, we didn't leave until about 7.00pm so it was a bit of a rush. Kevin said he had lived in Toronto all his life and had never seen the Northern Lights - so he was fairly excited. Apparently they never come this far south. Unfortunately, it was cloudy during peak viewing time, but we did see a lovely green smudge when it cleared up near the end of the viewing time. I have included a picture of what it is really supposed to look like. This is perhaps the closest picture that came to what we saw.

Perhaps we will get a better view at Christmas when we go to Quebec City - a very European City in which it will be guaranteed to be a White Christmas - Ooh I am sooo excited. God I love this time of year.

PS I still haven't done anything about getting the comments to work. Guess you just have to email us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home