New Job
Hi all,
it is Caren here. Sorry it has been a while, recently I forgot my password and haven't updated the blog. So I have a little bit to catch up on in the last few months. But at least I will tell you about recent events (and I will pre-date with the rest of the stuff soon - you will need to read below).
Craig and I are still alive and well. I had finally decided to put in my notice at HSBC, given that the boss' boss would not give me market rates for some new work I was about to undertake. Subsequently, I made my CV online say that I was available immediately, and lo, the phone calls started coming. Within a week I had two job very good job offers, and interviews for more. I had such a tough decision to make, one was with a Business Intelligence software company (Business Objects) which was a permanent job and would have given me excellent training opportunities, in return for my banking knowledge. However, it was about 1 hour 15 each way to work - which is normal in London, but doesn't make it any easier. The other job was for a large bank as a Business Analyst for an investment project. This is the job I took, as the money was much better, it was only 45 minutes each way to work, and it was a good introduction to investment banking. This is THE big industry in London, and although a bit cutthroat, it can earn you some great dosh. I can't tell you much more about it as it is a bit secret (read cutthroat).
So Craig and I are working hard, especially since his contract won't be renewed in December, and we have to make hay while the sun shines.
Speaking of which, London has been pretty hot, and relatively dry at the moment. Last weekend it reached 32 degrees. Fortunately, nature provided a couple of thunderstorms and it is now a much nicer 24 degrees.
Anyway, there is a lot more to say, but I will update the blog with those details shortly (after the horsey program which is on every night this week - yay!)...
it is Caren here. Sorry it has been a while, recently I forgot my password and haven't updated the blog. So I have a little bit to catch up on in the last few months. But at least I will tell you about recent events (and I will pre-date with the rest of the stuff soon - you will need to read below).
Craig and I are still alive and well. I had finally decided to put in my notice at HSBC, given that the boss' boss would not give me market rates for some new work I was about to undertake. Subsequently, I made my CV online say that I was available immediately, and lo, the phone calls started coming. Within a week I had two job very good job offers, and interviews for more. I had such a tough decision to make, one was with a Business Intelligence software company (Business Objects) which was a permanent job and would have given me excellent training opportunities, in return for my banking knowledge. However, it was about 1 hour 15 each way to work - which is normal in London, but doesn't make it any easier. The other job was for a large bank as a Business Analyst for an investment project. This is the job I took, as the money was much better, it was only 45 minutes each way to work, and it was a good introduction to investment banking. This is THE big industry in London, and although a bit cutthroat, it can earn you some great dosh. I can't tell you much more about it as it is a bit secret (read cutthroat).
So Craig and I are working hard, especially since his contract won't be renewed in December, and we have to make hay while the sun shines.
Speaking of which, London has been pretty hot, and relatively dry at the moment. Last weekend it reached 32 degrees. Fortunately, nature provided a couple of thunderstorms and it is now a much nicer 24 degrees.
Anyway, there is a lot more to say, but I will update the blog with those details shortly (after the horsey program which is on every night this week - yay!)...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home