Pinters People - the cultural event for the month
A group of colleagues and I had decided to go yesterday to what was billed as a "comedy" - a series of snippets of plays by a guy named Harold Pinter. It turned out that it was complete LIES condsidering he is supposed to be an eccentric dramatist, there was nothing comedic about these acts at all- here is the synopsis from Drew...
"Thanks everyone for coming along.
It was an enjoyable night, with beers in Cheers before hand, with a cunning Indo-Malay curry at the end. Shame about the comedy-drama bit in-between.
I was impressed with Cathrine's tolerance - from sitting behind an enormous man with an enormous fidgety head, to sitting beside an irritating young bloke who laughed like a braying donkey all through the second half, it was incredible that we weren't witnesses to an incident of GBH. And we get to see Paul Merton, who's actually very tall, and Tony Robinson/Baldric/Paul W's old school chum, with his young 'niece'."
Actually it turned out that Shirley and I actually SPOKE to Tony Robinson (yes just a small claim to fame) - we were standing in the way of his drinks so he kinda needed to talk to us if he wanted to get them out alive.

For those who don't know who he is, I think he is most famous for playing Baldrick in "Black Adder" but he has done and currently does a raft of other stuff.
PS. This Harold Pinter guy still had the last laugh as one of the websites I was looking up on him crashed the computer while I was writing this blog. Obviously no good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home