Week 7 - Canada Day
Bonjour,
Thought I would do a wee post about what has happened last week.
Unfortunately, I have no photos - damn camera must have crawled out of my bag again.
Last Tuesday, it was a nice day and Steven was home from work. Something about his Project's Budget not yet being approved even though he was hired. Anyway, we went to Glenmore?? Lake which is another lake in the middle of a regional park in the middle of
Thursday July 1st was Canada Day. Don't ask me what it means but I think to the Canadians it means a day off and waving lots of flags and other maple leaf paraphernalia around the place. Because the weather was iffy, and our car ride had gone camping, we decided to take in dinner and a movie (Dodgeball) at the local shops. When we got out at 9.30 we discovered the weather didn't look altogether that bad and headed by train and a bus to the Olympic Park for celebrations. Olympic Park was set up for the Winter Olympics in the 1980s sometime and houses luges, giant ski jumps and the like. It is open all year round with mountain biking in the summer and skiing in the winter. So you don't have to go too far to get a bit of skiing in - although I would have at a guess this is where you go if you are learning or just want a quick ski after work.
Anyway, once again, still no photos but here is a picture of some fireworks so you can get the gist.

And here is my favourite Fireworks Game on the web :)
Unfortunately. the buses and train ran late for those that lived close to the park but not for those who live in completely the opposite direction. So it was a taxi ride for the last part (delayed again by it being such a new neighborhood that the taxi company did not even have where we were on the map!). But that's OK we are not working and can sleep in!!
Anyway, apart from all that - things are still quiet. I will find out if I have a job tomorrow - otherwise we are heading to the big smoke of
Au Revoir!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home