27/01/05 Quick Update!
Hi All,
Sorry no update in so long.
We've been going well the last few weeks...Finally got curtains for our apartment (heh) , which is good as it's been hovering around -20c for the last 2 weeks, which is pretty Brrrrr (in-case you were wondering).
Weathers been very wintery, with snow and ice all over, and numb lips being the order of the day whenever going outside...but all said and done, it's not that bad!
We stay bundled up..Caren has about 83 layers of clothes/jackets/neck warmers/elbow-warmers/thermal undies/eye-muffs etc.. on, but I manage to get by with just a jacket, some possum fur gloves and my headphones (attached to my iRiver H320 mp3 player which Caren gave me for Xmas :).
As usual we've been keeping busy...Dad has made it back to
If my memory of his trip is accurate, he spent 4 weeks touring around on Trains and buses, flying into Vancouver, catching the Rockies train through the Rockies to Calgary, meeting us up in Quebec city, training to New York and then up to Maine/New England going to places like Gloucester, then across to Toronto, and back to Vancouver for several days touring around Vancouver island / Victoria. Basically 4+ weeks of pure travel and experience...unbelievable the amount of places he got to with no real itinerary, just making plans that day and going. awesome..
Me and Caren are both back into the full swing of work (as I'm sure you all are aswell) but we managed to get up north a ways (3 hours) to do some skiing / snow boarding last Sunday to a place called Blue Mountain.
Hoon, you'll be pleased to know I'm getting the hang of it!..I think having lost a fair bit of weight has helped, but I'm really enjoying boarding now, and can't wait to get into some more while I'm here, and after we get back home!
We’re close enough to several ski mountains, that the plan is to make it up every 2 weeks or so for the rest of winter..we'll see though.
My Boss, Kevin, gave us some tickets to an NBA game on Wednesday, which was really cool...at the Air Canada Center in downtown Toronto (about 5 mins walk from my work), to watch the Toronto Raptors get eaten by Shaquel O'neil and the Miami Heat.
Also have another "social" game of Ice hockey coming up...I'm borrowing a lot of gear, so can get fully suited up and get into it a bit more this time (only my 3rd game though!) ... my Canadian colleagues give me a pretty hard time, but it's all in fun....+ I'm going to kick their asses this time.
Anyways,
No Photo's of anything interesting..unless you consider ice interesting?...no?...oh ok..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home