Week 8 - Calgary Stampede
Well we are still here in
This week was the beginning of Stampede Week - something that makes the folks in
I personally have semi-boycotted the stampede, as the main shows are the rodeos and the chuckwagon races each night. Because 7 animals died at the Stampede two years ago, I have decided not to support that aspect of it.
And the rest of the show, Craig thinks is just like a giant Easter Show (although a little nicer) but nothing spectacular. But in all fairness, because we live out in the deep south, we don't really get to experience what is happening in full. Neh mind!!
Anyway, here are a few pictures from the parts we have seen. Thursday night offered a sneak-peek to those interested. We were lucky and got in for free before 5pm! Not bad for the frugal folks like ourselves. However, cost of food and other stuff at the Stampede can be a bit extravagant.
The reason that I went was to see some of the horsey events - of course!!

Musical Ride - the camera didn't particularly like the lighting in the Saddledome so this is the best we can do

Awesome mountain bikers doing stunts on the narrowest and highest of platforms - Ayee!
We had to get up early to watch the parade the next morning. Once again free, but I think that Craig thinks that this is for a reason. I enjoyed all two hours of it though. I have never seen so many horses in one place in all my life and that is saying something. This is sure cowboy country..



We also went to Spruce Meadows again on Sunday and this time I dragged Craig along. He just had fun taking photos and trying to get artistic

Well sadly folks, things have not worked out so well here in

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home